A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Wednesday 10 October 2012

Throwing stones



I enjoy doing different things with my wee man but sometimes it gets me thinking about what I am teaching him or how I can teach him. You see we were by a river with lots of stones. Stones of different shapes and sizes that were very cool to throw in the river. It's okay to throw stones into a river especially when you are doing it with mummy, daddy and friends.


In the park though it's not so good picking up the arbitrary stone and just chucking it...you never know where it's going to land. Thankfully he has not hurt anybody...yet...they usually end up in his mouth for some reason frightening the hell out of me that he is going to choke!



It happens in a lot of other situations as well. Where it's okay to do it here like this but not there like that. Then there are the games that can sometimes get out of hand. You know where it was fun rough and tumble to Owww! that really hurts and then you have lots and lots of tears. We are only at 19 months so I know that we have a long way to go with learning and teaching. It's amazing though how the little things put the responsibility of being a parent into perspective.

Do you ever think about your parental responsibilities?

1 comment:

  1. I worry about this all the time! If you find a solution please let me know! i am hoping that practise will make perfect and just try to be consistent. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...