A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Monday 2 April 2012

Autism Awareness Day

Today is Autism Awareness Day. It's  not really a date I have saved in my calendar. I have worked with some amazing children who are autistic and watched them grow and change, teaching me a thing or two. I have done so many training courses about Autism for my work that I am somewhat "educated" on the subject. Sometimes though it's the hearing the everyday life of living with someone who is autistic that makes it real, that teaches us, makes us ask questions, makes us want to give our support. So today I know there are many bloggers out there telling there stories but I wanted to point you in the direction of one beautiful family who means so much to me because they are part of my family. Today Deenie at Life on the J Train wrote on her facebook page:

April 2nd : Autism Awareness Day! Learn the signs. Don't be afraid or too shy to ask questions. Ask people who are living it. The more people you talk to the more you will learn. EVERYONE'S EXPERIENCE WITH IT IS DIFFERENT. Don't judge. Be compassionate. Donate. Offer to help if you can. Ask for help if you need it.

Please go and live her story for a little bit...it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...