A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Wednesday 24 March 2010

Delectably divine!

My tour of the fish market in Auckland continued on to me buying some prawns! I had to take my time scooping them into the bag because I was very tempted to go overboard with the amount I was getting. I had spotted a recipe by Annabel Langbein which I was very keen to try.


Lemon Chilli Grilled Prawns

Recipe
500g raw prawn tails
1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp chopped red chilli
Freshly grated rind of 1/2 lemon

Method
Mix prawns with chilli sauce, garlic, chilli and lemon rind. Chill until ready to cook (they can be kept up to 12 hours in the fridge). Lightly oil a barbecue hot plate and cook prawns about 2 minutes each side until they turn pink (of course I was kind of missing the barbecue hot plate so I stuck mine under the grill and the time does not really change that much and the smell that was emanating was driving me crazy) Eat as they are or serve on Avocado and Snow Pea Salad.

Of course I very much liked that suggestion.........

Avocado and Snow Pea Salad
Recipe
200g snow peas
200g sugar snaps
1/2 telegraph cucumber, cut into 4cm long batons
1 large spring onion, finely sliced
2 just-ripe avocados, cut into chunks
Dressing
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander or mint

Method
Pour boiling water over snow peas. Drain at once and chill briefly in cold water. Just before serving combine all the dressing ingredients and toss with snow peas and other ingredients. Divide between serving plates and top with prawns.

I think the the sweet chilli sauce really makes this menu and is a relatively new ingredient to me...I had a hard time choosing which one I wanted to get at the supermarket....so I think I will have to start experimenting and trying different ones to decide my favourite now. I chose 'Golden Sun' this time round and made enough dressing for a week of salads :) Trust me we were sopping it up with the bread and licking our fingers.

It was a delectably divine experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...